Click here for Freeze Dried Meal - Menu Ideas
Back Country Freeze Dried Meals
Back Country Cuisine is a range of uniquely convenient food dishes designed especially for the outdoor adventurer. BCC uses the finest ingredienst to provide outdoor adventurers with nourishing, sustaining and tasty meals.
(These meals are suitable for dinners only, as on Somerset expeditions the trangia stoves are not routinely setup and used at lunchtimes)
The flavours typically available at Somerset are below. (Flavours may sometimes vary due to availability)
The different flavours will be available at camp for students to select from before they set out on their expedition.
- Honey Soy Chicken - a sweet and spicy blend of rice, chicken and vegetables (contains soy, sulphite)*
- Chicken Alfredo - a tomato infused pasta with succulent chicken pieces (contains milk, gluten, soy)*
- Beef Teriyaki - an eastern style dish of beef, rice and vegetables in a soy flavoured sauce (contains soy, sulphite)*
- Cottage Pie - a tasty mix of savoury mince and veggies topped with potato (contains milk, soy, sulphite)*
- Lamb Fettuccine - a delicate sour cream sauce over noodles, tender lamb and vibrant vegetables (contains gluten, milk, soy)*
- Roast Lamb and Vegetables - oven baked lamb with mint gravy, veggies and potato mash (contains milk, soy, sulphite)*
- Vegetarian Stirfry - a veggie medley with egg, infused with honey soy flavours on a bed of rice noodles (vegetarian) (contains egg, milk, sulphite)*
- Creamy Carbonara - italian style fettuccine and veggies in a cheese and mushroom sauce (vegetarian) (contains, egg, milk, gluten, sulphite)*
- *Manufactured on premises that proces gluten, dairy, egg, soy, fish, tree nuts, sesame and sulphite products. An allergen management program is implemented to store allergen products separately and ensure thorough cleaning between product lines. No added MSG (mono sodium glutamate E621) but glutamate products may be present from other processed ingredients. Please visit the Back Country website for further information on ingredients, allergens, etc - see the link below.
- in support of Somerset's 'nut aware' policy, we source meals that do not contain nuts/peanuts.
- all meals are classed as halal